This weekend I did some more work with improvisationally pieced curves. It's the same stack, cut and shuffle technique I used for last week's Nest blocks, except I did two iterations of cut and shuffle.
I started with a stack of yellow fat quarters, and a stack of orange. My goal was to sew some blocks of made fabric for use in upcoming projects. With about 10 gently curving seams top to bottom, the yellow blocks finished at about 17.5" x 17.5" usable fabric.
I cut the orange blocks more densely, resulting in more seams and less usable fabric. Also, I think, a busier and less pleasing effect.
I don't have plans for all of it yet, but my first projects will be some drunkards path blocks, cut on point. The inner and outer units will be paired with solid white, rather than yellow print to orange print, and I have a few layout ideas swimming around in my head. I'll let you know where it goes!