28 August 2011

Cloud 9

Cloud 9 Fabrics sent me 8 quarter-quarters (9x11") from Julia Rothman's Miscellany collection to design a block for Victoria and Pat's BASICS challenge. 12 quilters are designing Miscellany blocks for a charity quilt for the BASICS quilt gather.


The fabric arrived yesterday and I have just a few days to design and piece my block. Julia  is going to pick her favorite block. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm also working on a bed-size quilt for the quilt gather, but it won't be anywhere near done this week.





4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for my fabric to arrive... have a block worked out on paper, but whether or not it will work with the fabric is unknown. Maybe I should be have a Plan B ready?

    With you in the game I know competition is tough! Eager to see what you (and others) come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure to see what you will come up with Dan. An interesting palette to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm... i like that "across the pond" fat quarter bundle they're offering to the winner. good luck on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck dan! can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Thank you for anything for BASICS... ;-)

    ReplyDelete