20 August 2011

Binding


I wrapped up the loopy square quilting on the checker's quilt yesterday. It had been several weeks since I last worked on this one, and I had a bit of a block getting started again. I knew it would require several hours of heads down concentration and effort. But once I got started it went well. It wasn't less work than I expected, but keeping going was easier than getting started.

Today I'm finishing the binding and catching up on True Blood. I'm always amazed how dramatically a quilt changes when the binding goes on. So satisfying.

13 comments:

  1. Binding is strangely one of my favorite parts of the process...because it completes the look and the hand sewing is a gentle process and means the end. The quilt is stunning but that`s no surprise. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the binding is hands down my favourite part. I could bind all day long. Just knowing you're at the final line is so satisfying.

    ps - love the quilting on that quilt, I'd really like to reach in to the computer and touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the binding is just like a frame on a painting. I love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love hate relationship with the binding process. The quilt is 'done' and yet there is still this long-winded process to go through. Thinking about it doesn't get it done, in fact it makes things worse, so well done you for getting stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting.......and I love when the binding goes on too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic job! I always put off binding but then enjoy it when I finally start. I'm actually making the binding for a quilt this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love the colours in the quilt. The orange binding set them off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I love your quilt and the quilting is so perfect for that pattern! I see that quilting first time and I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilting on this one, great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love sewing on the binding. especially when there is true blood to be watched while doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it!! and the quilting is perfect for solid colors!

    ReplyDelete