04 March 2011

AIDS walk auction project

Today I'm sending off two red cross blocks to Jenny at Cut.Sew.Iron.Repeat. She's making an auction quilt using donated blocks for the Fort Wayne AIDS Walk to benefit AIDS Task Force of Notheast Indiana. I've done the San Francisco AIDS Walk to benefit the Stop AIDS Project, and the San Francisco Marathon to benefit the SF AIDS Foundation. All three of these events fund local organizations that provide essential services to HIV-positive and at-risk populations.


Here are my two blocks. I remember seeing Jenny's inspiration -- a quilt by Lucia at Lulubloom -- last summer, and loving how it all came together. As of yesterday Jenny was still accepting blocks for her project. And I'm sure the three organizations listed above will be happy to accept your cash donation any time!

1 comment:

  1. I've been lurking around and too lazy to comment. But now I must. I will check into those organizations and see what I can do. I also checked out Lucia's quilt ~ Awesome. And what you are doing ~ awesome. Now I've got you bookmarked and I'll be looking in daily. Keep up the great works.

    ReplyDelete