I've undertaken a project to get labels on all my quilts. I've been putting it off because I hadn't settled on a labeling strategy. I have no interest in using a permanent marker on my quilts -- it just wouldn't feel right to me. I've seen a few stamping solutions that seem elegant and workable, and I may end up going that way one day.
Green Stag quilt to hang at the Pacific International Quilt Festival later this month, so I figured it was high time to get on top of the label backlog. Now it just needs a sleeve and it will be ready to go.
Next up was the geometric Green Windows baby quilt I mad in the spring.
Shazam lightening zig-zag quilt that's finally ready to send off to the BASICS quilt gather.
In One Way.
But wait ,there's more. I realize I haven't done a proper post on my finished Ripple quilt. I promise I'll get to that soon. For now here's a shot of the label I stitched into the backing just before I quilted this corner of the blanket. Then I centered one of the drops around the label.
The solution I came up with was to have a small diagonal stitch in the corner (so if the blanket stitches are 1/8", the diagonal stitch comes into the label only 1/16"), turn the corner, then take a small backstitch in the backing material, catching only 2 or 3 threads. Now proceed along the new side. I'm sure many of you more experienced stitchers have already solved this problem, perhaps in more elegant ways.