20 November 2010

Name and date

I've resolved to be better about labeling my quilts. For the shirting quilt, I embroidered a tag and sewed it into the corner binding. The embroidery itself goes faster than I expected, especially considering all the time that goes into piecing and quilting a blanket. Now I have to finish hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt.

What's your favorite way to label your projects?


  1. i'll say, i love your label! i used to have some made by a company, but it seems soooooooo long ago.
    i'm more than pleased though that, while moving, i didn't throw out the shirt scraps i have scattering about. the beautiful result of your hard labour has just inspired me!
    thank you!

  2. your label is great! love the embroidery and your hand letter really nice!
    I need be better with labeling, in the past I used a permanent marker but honestly I wasn't much happy with the result.

  3. I really love your labels... I've had a couple printed through SpoonFlower. I get the sample size and I haven't been disappointed yet (keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way)!

    Really great blog x

  4. I wish I knew how to make labels like yours! Embroidery intimidates me really. I have used permanent marker but now feel embarrassed I ever thought that was a good idea. I need to look into a better option.